Thursday, April 21, 2011

God Hears Prayers, He Responds Fast! Do You Know?


The story is told about a black woman who was in trouble many years ago in the days of slavery. Her 16-year-old daughter was about to be sold on the auction block.

The mother bowed her head and prayed, “Dear Lord God, if You were in trouble as I am in trouble, and I could help You as easy as You could help me, I would do it!”

This story is a historical fact; a U.S. Senator was present. The senator’s 15–year-old son was with him, and when the boy saw them pulling this girl away from her mother, and he saw their tears, he ran to his father and said, “Daddy, loan me $10!” The senator gave him the $10. And the boy ran to the auction block.

Before anybody else could start bidding, he said, “I will bid $10.” (Ordinarily, $200 would have been a low opening bid, but everybody was so thrilled at what he was doing that nobody else would bid.)

The boy bought the girl for $10. Taking the bill of sale, he matched right over and handed the girl back to her momma.


[Source: El-Shaddai: The God that is more than enough, by Kenneth E. Hagin]

No comments:

Post a Comment